Friday, May 6, 2011

Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon-Frosting


I made this cupcakes a long time ago but never posted here, because I wasn't too happy with the pictures. I keep thinking maybe when I make it again I'd take another pictures, but guess what? I made the cake again and again and again and I never got a chance to take any pictures. The cake disappear so fast, my family love it so much.


I combined 2 recipes, one I got from a good friend of mine RUMAH MANIS (I think she uses Martha Stewart's) with another banana cake recipe I got a long time ago.
I love the cooking method on the Martha Steward's recipe, because it uses melted butter instead of creaming the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Very simple and easy! works really well for me.
But I referred to the other recipe for the amount of butter and eggs, because I knew the result is always moist. So the combinations works just perfect!


Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon-Frosting


Ingredients :
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter/1 stick (melted) --> I used 3/4 cup
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 4 bananas) plus one banana for garnish (optional)
2 large eggs -->I used 3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method :
  • Preheat the oven 350F, line standard 12 cups muffin pan with paper liner
  • In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt
  • Make a well in center of flour mixture, In well, mix together butter, mashed banana, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (Do not over mixed)
  • Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cup
  • Bake until done about 25 - 30 minutes.
  • Remove cupcakes from pan, let it cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with honey-cinnamon frosting.
  • Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place on each cupcake if desired.
For the frosting :
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I use more because we love cinnamon too much)

Method :
In a medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat the confectioners' sugar, unsalted butter, honey and cinnamon until smooth, about 4 to 5 minutes.

0 comments:

Simplydelish.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure LOVE" ~ MILDRED B. VERMONT ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...