Friday, May 13, 2011

Matcha Macarons

This is my first attempt tackling french macarons! It wasn't a "trial and succeed" thing but I would not call it a failure either. The "feet" trade mark is there but somewhat the texture did not turned as what I expected. But practice makes perfect ... practice makes perfect. 




I think I have to reduce the amount of sugar next time.
The real trick I learned in making macaroons is not only on how to get the perfect hard peak with the white eggs, but you also have to let the piped batter sit over the counter for at least 1 hour. Many says 30 minutes up to 1 hour, but I'd suggest for at least 1 hour to get a perfect form of skin.




Matcha Macarons


Ingredients :
100 grams white egg (I use 3 eggs whites) room temperature.

25 grams granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
225 grams confectioners' sugar (next time I'd use 200 gr)
125 grams skinned almond powder
15 grams matcha/green tea powder (Next time I'd only use 10 gr)

For Chocolate filling :
½ cup (125 ml) heavy cream
120 gr bittersweet or semisweet chocolate 

Method :

  1. Grind ground almond and confectioners' sugar with food processor to make sure there’s no lumps.
  2. Whip the eggs whites with a pinch of salt and slowly adding in the granulated sugar until soft peaks formed. Add the dry ingredients to the egg whites half at a time and start folding (do it slowly).
  3. Pipe the macaron batter onto baking paper.
  4. Bake at 300F (160C) for 12 - 15  mins.
  5. Let it cool and fill the macarons shell with chocolate filling.
To Make Chocolate filling:
Heat the cream until really hot, then slowly pour it into the chocolate chunk and slowly stir till it get really smooth and silky, let it cool before you put into the macarons shells.



0 comments:

Simplydelish.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure LOVE" ~ MILDRED B. VERMONT ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...