Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Korean BBQ Tofu

I just tried this new trick to make plain tofu taste more flavorful and enjoyable for my boys. They love tofu already but I thought this might be something new for them.
If you do not like tofu, try this trick, you might change your mind. Use extra firm tofu, cut it into cubes then you can enjoy it for your Asian salad to substituted chicken.
My boys just eat them like that along with stir fried rice noodle with some vegetables for dinner tonight. I also packed some leftover for tomorrow's lunch, you can see it HERE


Korean BBQ Tofu 

Ingredient :
1 block firm tofu
3 tbsp Korean BBQ Sauce (terriyaki sauce is optional)
dash of salt (if desired)
3 tbsp cooking oil

Method :

  • Cut the tofu into small squares, about 1.5 cm thickness
  • Marinade the tofu with Korean BBQ sauce and salt for couple hours (I did mine overnight)
  • Heat the cooking oil in a nonstick skillet, then pan fry the tofu until one side get caramelized brown, turn it once and let the other side get caramelized as well.
  • Carefully take it from the pan and put it in a paper towel.
  • Ready to serve.


I like to enjoy tofu with some fresh Thai bird chili and a little bit of soy sauce, it's the Indonesian way :D

1 comments:

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) said...

This looks so delicious! My gals don't really like tofu and the only tofu they'll eat is the round, long tube of egg tofu (fried ones). Maybe I could try cooking this as they like Korean BBQ sauce and teriyaki sauce. ;)

Simplydelish.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.

"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure LOVE" ~ MILDRED B. VERMONT ~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...